While some of us may be clumsier than others, we have all had taken a stumble once or twice (or several times) while at the workplace. For employers, these types of incidents can be particularly risky.
Falls, trips, and slips make up the majority of general industry accidents, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. It has also been found that these occurrences:
- Are the main cause of accidents that lead to 4 or more days of work missed
- Cause 15% of accidental deaths per year, making them the second-leading cause of accidental deaths behind motor vehicle accidents.
- Cause 25% of reported injury claims per fiscal year
- Are the reason behind 65% of all work days lost
There are many factors that can lead to someone falling, tripping, or slipping in your workplace. Some of these include:
- Floors that are wet from water, grease, or something else that would cause it to be slippery
- Damaged or uneven floors
- Exposed cables or cords
- Wet or muddy shoes
- Slanted surfaces or ramps that don’t have a skid-proof surface
One way to easily solve all of these problems is by installing a proper matting system. The first step to is to select an outside entrance mat to keep materials like dirt, mud, and show from making their way into the building. Our Econo II, Aqua Tread, and Scraper mats are perfect for this job.
The next step is to place a mat at the indoor entrance to further trap materials, providing everyone who enters the building a chance to rid their shoes of anything that could cause them to slip as well as water and mud that would cause the floors to be dirty and dangerous. For these purposes, try one of our Endura or Econo I mats.
Another option is to install an architectural entrance system. These include our Pro-tracks, Stainless Steel Pro-Grille, Endura-Track, and Cocoa Matting.
Finally, remember that mats aren’t just for the entrance! Consider putting mats throughout the building in other high-risk areas. Check out our runners, anti-static mats, and anti-fatigue mats and consider how these items can further prevent accidents from ocurring at your workplace.
Protect yourself and your employees by preventing falls, slips, and trips. Check out all of our products on our website or pinterest: